Every day, Veterans who served within the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard connect with verified assets and remedies for treating issues with drug use and find answers that enhance their lives. It may be difficult to deal with this trouble to your own, so speakme on your circle of relatives and pals can be a first step. They can be able that will help you discover the treatment this is right for you. You can also don’t forget connecting with:
- Your physician. Ask if your health practitioner has revel in treating Veterans or can refer you to someone who does. If you sense secure enough along with your medical doctor, he or she can be able to help you discover gear to deal with drug abuse even with out direct experience with Veterans.
- Local help groups, which includes Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- A mental health expert, consisting of a therapist
- Your neighborhood VA Medical Center or Vet Center. VA specializes in the care and treatment of Veterans and has packages for overcoming drug troubles.
- A religious or non secular adviser
Explore these resources for greater information on Veterans experiencing problems with drugs.
Learn more approximately the feasible associations between drug abuse and other issues including chronic pain, trouble sleeping, relationship issues, posttraumatic strain, and melancholy.
VA’s Substance Use Page
Read more approximately VA’s programs and services for Veterans managing substance misuse.
Take a web workshop with interactive sporting activities to assess your personal substance use and hear from other Veterans and carrier participants managing alcohol abuse or drug troubles.
This link will will let you search for a Narcotics Anonymous meeting located close to you.